Self-care is now one of those buzzwords you hear often. Many people view self-care as taking a bubble bath, relaxing, or meditation and while all those things are true, it is so much more than that. Self-care is fact taking care of yourself. Your WHOLE self. Not just in fun ways. We are looking for ways to improve overall health.
We have listed out 5 areas to take a look at: Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Professional. There is probably at least one area you and find a way to improve. You may not even realize that some of these ways listed below are considered self-care.
- Eating healthy foods (Nutrition Coaches can help! Book your No Sweat Intro here https://kilo.gymleadmachine.com/widget/appointment/dissentathletics/no-sweat-intro )
- Personal hygiene
- Exercising regularly
- Sleeping enough
- Going to preventative care medical appointments
- Resting when you are sick
- Taking time off from obligations
- Participating in hobbies
- Learning something new unrelated to school or work
- Recognizing strengths and achievements (Bright Spots!!)
- Expressing feelings in a healthy way
- Spending time with people you actually like
- Having stimulating conversations
- Meeting new people
- Asking for help when needed
- Spending alone time with romantic partner
- Spending time in nature (Dissent Ruck Club: Join here https://www.facebook.com/groups/646652316171341/ )
- Attending religious events
- Setting time aside for reflection
- Advocating for a pay raise or benefits
- Saying NO to excessive responsibilities
- Using your PTO and sick time
- Taking breaks
- Create an environment to be productive
We all have areas of self-care that can be improved. These are not just things to do when you are feeling down or overwhelmed. These are actions to take to PREVENT feeling down or overwhelmed as often. Yes, bad things are still going to happen, but if you implement these things in your daily life, you will be better equipped to handle whatever comes your way.
Want to take the assessment and see where you are at?? Send us a text to 817-863-1190 and we will get it for you!